Monday, September 8, 2014

DIY:Lavender Sugar Cubes





My oldest daughter was my inspiration for making these sugar cubes. She is a tea reader and I was trying to come up with things to make with all this dried lavender I have. So, this was the perfect solution, and what a fun way to make her tea readings a bit more relaxing.

Supplies Needed:

1/2 cup of lavender infused sugar
1/2 to 1 tablespoon water
food coloring
molds or ice cube trays (that is what I used)
mine made 13 cubes

Directions:

pour sugar into a glass bowl
measure out your tablespoon of water add a drop of food coloring
add to sugar half a tablespoon at a time and mix until it looks like sand. I used the whole tablespoon. I almost forgot to take a picture of this step, but this is how it should look. Don't get it too wet or they won't harden.



Now press them into your molds, I filled these ice cube trays about half -full, and my daughter said it was the perfect amount of sugar for a cup of tea. Clean off all the excess sugar on the the mold ,then let set for 24 hours. Pop them out of the trays/molds and store in an air tight container.





Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment