Tuesday, March 4, 2014

DIY :Beaded Lamp Shade

This fun DIY Lamp Shade was so much fun and went together fast and I like that!! The lamp has an aged based that I like, but the shade needed to be given new life! I have always wanted to do it in beads but lets face it, that could be time consuming to string beads for the shade. Lucky for me I had two beaded hanging curtains tucked away in a corner of the closet. I have thought about getting rid of them a few times, but couldn't do it! 

This was the lampshade before hand. It was just a paper one that I painted and put lace over. Then decided that I didn't like it turned out! So it was time for a make-over! I stripped the paper from the frame to discover that it was two floating circles held together by the paper, so I just used the top ring of the old lamp shade. I used a glue gun to make this project go by super quick but discovered that while the glue does stick to the metal it didn't want to stick on until it was dry and that was going to take to long.So, I glued white bias tape around it first and then glued the beads to that. It actually looks more finished that way!


The left over beads will go into the craft box for later projects and I ended up cutting two beaded curtains  to have enough to give full coverage, so I now have two cute beaded valances left instead of the full beaded curtains!
Happy Crafting!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment